Wednesday, December 10, 2008

a favorite photo



One of my favorite's of Sophie...taken on the beach during a camping trip at Pinery this past summer. It may not be a great photo, but it is a perfect picture of Sophie....unkempt fur brushed with sand and water from Lake Huron; gazing peacefully, calmly towards the shoreline; taking deep breaths of fresh summer air with a sated, content border collie soul.

As I am learning more about photography, about composition and techniques, I am flipping through past pictures that I have taken, in order to critique myself and grow. However, in looking back at the photos, I am realizing that the ones that I saw first with my heart, and then with my eyes...like this one of Sophie...are still more often than not my favorites.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sometimes wet sandy Border Collies are the best! I draw the line at Muddy..Chance does that sometimes, but it does make me laugh out loud!
Are you going to join in on some of the challenges? I do challenges over on my photo blog. I have learned a lot.
Chance is so bored with me taking his picture, I swear he falls asleep sometimes.
I like your photo of Sophie very much! :)

Flower said...

It is interesting to see the photos that we love..no matter what the composition is!
Your buddy is adorable!! My "Blue" could have some fun with your Sophie!