Saturday, December 20, 2008

saturday morning - dog park social


a border collie in motion...is there any other
kind?

Sophie and I spent some time this morning at one of the local dog parks. It's not my favorite place to take her, but it's good for her to spend time with other dogs...I know she prefers just the company of myself and the wind on the trails, but I think it's important and responsible to have a well socialized dog. So off we went to mix and mingle....





running with friends

I love to watch her tearing up the turf with her fellow canines...but the part that warms my heart the most is that my girl always comes back to me...


my little snow faced hound


6 comments:

Kathy said...

Andrea,
I am so glad you stopped by my blog. Your comments were so kind. I am glad because it gave me a chance to visit your blog. It gives the reader an insight into who you are and I love your pictures of Sophie and your kitties. I am going to follow your blog so I don't miss any of your future pictures. Have a wonderful holiday.
Kathy

Tatersmama said...

It looks like Sophie was having a ball, but I totally understand her preference for "the quiet life" with just you and nature.
My little Rosie is a lot like that, just prefering quiet walks with mom... and the chance to commune with nature. But little Twiggy is a regular little party animal and prefers the dog park and the chance to roughhouse with her mates.

gigi said...

She looks like she had so much fun with her friends. I always do :)

pam said...

Oh, I love her little snow covered nose! Have you seen the youtube video of the dog running through the snow that was over it's head?

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like she had fun! Chance has never been to a Dog Park, but we have friends with dogs that he gets along with quite well. They do need some interaction with other dogs from time to time. It is a social thing! We had to get out the Frisbee today, as we kept losing the ball in the SIX inches of new snow:)

laurie said...

those are wonderful pictures, especially the last one. boscoe and riley are the same way, and we used to take them to the dog park but quit a few years back after boscoe's leg surgery. we dont' want him to blow out the other knee.

consequently, their socialization skills aren't the greatest. you're doing a very good thing. and a fun one, too!